In a meeting with the reports that happened Wednesday afternoon in western Iranian city of Khorramabad, The chief commander of Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), Major General Hussein salami responded to the US claims of shooting down an Iranian drone and said ” I, hereby, announce officially that no drone belonging to the Islamic Republic of Iran has been shot down”.
He went on to say that an Iranian drone was on a reconnaissance mission in the skies over Persian Gulf waters for three hours and 40 minutes, underlining that the aircraft sent images and videos of regional and transregional vessels – some of which were broadcast to enlighten the Iranian and world public opinions.
Salami then challenged the US to offer convincing proof for its claim of shooting down the Iranian drown, saying, “Today, the world would not believe unsubstantiated remarks.”
“Enemies should present the Iranian made parts of the drone and substantiate their claims. Otherwise, no one would believe their spurious allegations,” the IRGC chief commander said.
“I state it unequivocally: This is a big lie and we have proved it false. Enemies should provide evidence for their claims, because we have validated what we have already done. They should do the same,” he added.
The remarks came in reaction to remarks by a US general who claimed the US forces took action against a second Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz last week, but did not see the drone go into the water.
“We’re confident we brought down one drone; we may have brought down a second,” CENTCOM Commander Gen. Kenneth McKenzie said on Tuesday, while failing to procure any evidence for bringing down the first one despite claiming to be in possession of its footage.
The IRGC has also released footage captured by an Iranian drone flying over the Strait of Hormuz and monitoring a US Navy vessel, belying the claim.